Friday, July 31, 2009

What are my chances of transferring to UCLA?

I am currently a student at a Calfornia Community College. I decided to stay at CC for another year so I can have a chance to apply to UCLA (I couldn't apply for Fall 2008 because I didn't have enough units). My current GPA isn't that great. It is 3.05. My grades are 5 A's, 2 B's, 1 C and 1 F.


The F is in an architectural design class that I took on a whim because I was interested. It turns out that this class was the most difficult, and it being my first architecture class, I couldn't understand the concepts and the teacher failed me.


I'm working hard this semester to raise my GPA before I am going to apply in November. I am also planning to join the Honors Program (TAP) and join the honor society Alpha Gamma Sigma. I was also a member of the Student Goverment. Currently I tutor English 6 hrs/week on the side (I am an English major)


If I successfully complete the Honors program and raise my GPA to at least a 3.5 will they look past the F? Will I have a chance to get into UCLA?

What are my chances of transferring to UCLA?
Go to your guidance counselor they help with this type of preparation I believe there is a outline of subjects required for entrance at UCLA as for the F take the course again and restore your grade.


No comments:

Post a Comment