Friday, July 31, 2009

Bad Chemistry Teacher?

I have a bad chemistry teacher, not only can she not teach to save her life but she expects you to teach yourself everything and learn it. I am not saying she has to baby feed us and hand us everything on a silver platter but teach us how to do it! I can do anything you ask as long as you teach me how!!!!!





I WAS an A B honor student who now makes Cs in Chemistry because the test are like mission impossible. I am VERY good at biology related stuff and Math is a breeze for me but I can't seem to do well in that course because the teacehr doesn't know what she is doing. Everyone agrees she is bad and I have to have this course for my college application.





I feel that it my C in this course will cause problems for my standing in getting into a good college and ruin my chances of getting into medical school so I can become a doctor.





Do you have any websites they offer free help in chemistry since my mom is too poor to afford a tutor?

Bad Chemistry Teacher?
It is tough when the teacher is struggling. Form a study group with three or four other students. Divide up the work so that each of you focuses on different sections of the material. If you are a good student you should be able to get it done if the amount of work is decreased, even if you are not taught that well. Then each group member gives the others a really good set of notes on the material he studied, and also discusses the section in the group and sort of "teaches" it to the group. Do Internet searches for particular topics that stump you. Often the best way to learn difficult material is to have to teach it to someone else. Best of luck.
Reply:sounds like a problem alot of my friends had.





all i can tell you is what i told my friends, find a teacher within your school who also teaches chemistry and ask them for help. the other teacher will probably help you, given it will be awkward to ask a stranger to help you.





unfortunately, i can't relate, i had an amazing chemistry teacher. some people didn't like how she taught, but it was exactly my style. i came out with a 100 average in the honors course and was asked to take chem ap.





actually, i can relate, i have a horrible physics teacher...he never took physics in his high school/college career; though he lies about it.





if worse comes to worse, complain to your principals, they can help you out.

columbine

No comments:

Post a Comment