Thursday, July 30, 2009

Should I drop the course?...?

*I have never been good at math and I never even got past algebra 2 in high school. I'm doing algebra 2 right now, factoring, polynomials etc. in college, The first test I took I got a D+ on and then some quizzes I did ok on, but 2 already dropped, because I failed them. I have a tutor and we'll spend two hours a week, plus I'll review some on my own and I even go to class and pay attention-but I took the second exam, an d I'm sure I bombed it, I showed work but didn't even finish 6 problems-realistically I guess I could finish it out, but in math average, I probably won't do better than what I've done and I need a c to pass.What other tips do you have?...





I'm trying*, but its not good enough....somehow I guess I could always do better.....

Should I drop the course?...?
Sure, but also see if you can audit the rest of the class on the theory that it will help you next time. I assume this is a required course and there is no way out of taking it sometime before graduation.
Reply:You are not studying enough. For a 3 hour class, you should expect to study for at least 6 hours out of class, as a general rule.


No comments:

Post a Comment