Thursday, July 30, 2009

I have a severe learning disability that's untreated and I'm about to graduate high school?

Math Phobia.Math learning disability.





Could this be a 'severe' case? I believe so.I'm a 16 year old girl,and can't hardly understand simple basics within math.That includes simple multiplication,division,addition and so on.My old private school was like a prision,they never taught it was very small and had poor teaching skills.Oh c'mon I knew more English than my English teacher ironic,eh?


As I reached towards the 10th grade my dad changed me from school to a new 'public school.This school whom I'm currently attending.Seems more advance and actually teaches.So grades DO matter unlike my other school.They passed me on Algebra 1 without me evening knowing nothing.So here I am in this new school,taking geometry.How did I do? I failed.Now,i need to retake Geometry and on Monday,school begins.Which means I'll be taking Algebra 2,Physical science and perhaps Geometry as night school.I'm stressing,downloading math softwares to help me catch up.My parents won't get me a tutor and..

I have a severe learning disability that's untreated and I'm about to graduate high school?
Shame on your parents, shame on your teachers, and shame on your guidance counselor for not recognizing you have a problem. You are entitled to learn math without having to pay for it. If you can't stay late then go in early. For now.....make your parents teach you the basics....it is their responsibility. If they can't afford a tutor ask them if they can afford to spend the time with you to teach you themselves. Demand it.
Reply:Some schools have peer tutors.


Maybe that is something you could try.


I don't know if the counselor would help you but maybe a teacher would. Teacher are there because they want to help kids learn. You may find a really dedicated one that will help you. If you truly want to try, that is. They don't have time to waste. Or maybe they could hook you up with a student that would help you. The teachers would know who these kids are.


Give it a try, and you may have to go to several teachers to find one that can help you or even the principal.


No comments:

Post a Comment