Thursday, July 30, 2009

Someone please create these equations for me?

I have been trying to figure it out all day and I just can't. I have emailed a math tutor, I'm still waiting on his response. My professor is going to be conducting an online chat tonight at 10:30 and I plan on being there for that, so don't tell me to do my own homework because I'm trying, I just don't get it! Here's the problem:


I am creating a chart to show a company's revenue. The formula is


Total Costs=Variable Costs + Fixed Costs


C(x)=mx+y


where x represents the number of items produced, m represents the cost to produce each item, and y represents the fixed costs.


These are the graphs I have to create:


Quadratic


Polynomial


Rational


Exponential and


Logarithm.


I could figure out the graphs using Excel but I need the equations. Please don't try to explain it to me using a bunch of math lingo and mumbo jumbo because I don't understand it at all. Just give me the equations.

Someone please create these equations for me?
i'm sorry but i have a degree in math and that problem doesn't make sense to me. your equation is C = mx + y. that is a linear equation and the graph is just a line. in no way can that be a quadratic, exponential, etc... are you sure you have all the information?


maybe if the number of items produced is in itself a funtion of something else. but from what you have written, it doesn't seem like it.


ahh, maybe you have to come up with different formulas that would represent each kind of graph. yes probably so. so for quadratic, you can say that the total cost is mx^2 + y


for polynomial, C(x) is mx + y


exponential, C(x) = x^m + y or m^x + y


logarithmic, C(x) = m(1-x) + y (i think)


i'm not really sure what a rational graph is. the original equation seems rational to me
Reply:What grade are you in


No comments:

Post a Comment