Thursday, July 30, 2009

How do I tell my friends that I do not want to work with them?

I just got this new job working as a teacher's aide/ tutor. This is a fairly new school and might be looking for more people to work there. Two of my friends have been asking me to ask my new employer if they have any opening. I never asked my new employer though b/c I don't want my friends working w/ me. When my friends asked if I talked to the employer for them, I would said that I forget too. I think eventually my friends will catch on that I might be doing it on purpose. How do I let them know how I feel w/out hurting their feelings so they can stop asking me the same question? I just want to have my friends and job separate. Thanks.

How do I tell my friends that I do not want to work with them?
When ever my friends ask me I say they have to check with human resource or that they aren't hiring right now,or they just hired a bunch of people just so I don't have to put myself out.





Good Luck
Reply:Well, I don't think you are being a very good friend by being dishonest with them. What is the reason you don't want them to work there? What might it change or affect if they work there? I think you need to be honest with them and explain to them how you feel. Otherwise, they will just think you are a flake and will have ill feelings towards you anyways.


No comments:

Post a Comment