Thursday, July 30, 2009

Does Sylvan really work?

I'm hesitant about taking it, but I would do anything to actually GET my geography homework. I have problems asking teachers for help (I feel like I'm bugging them, and that, in turn, bugs ME), and I DO NOT want to ask for a private tutor after school, in school, or to come to my house. I don't want to bug them, either, and I don't want anyone to know I have this problem with math.





So I'm just asking, I'm an A+ student in all my other classes, but Geometry gets to me. It seems like I know it sometimes, and then when the tests come up, I figured out that, hey... I really didn't.


Um.





So, does Sylvan really work? I'd LOOOVVEE to actually be able to UNDERSTAND math, and I want to make my parents proud by pulling an A; even a B would be amazing (my current grade average in math is a C+, or a D+).


Thanks!

Does Sylvan really work?
Yes and no.


Sylvan can work if you are open to changing study habits, ways you learn, and if you can maintain that change in study/ lifestyle.


Sylvan is not a mr. fixit, it is just the same teachers and educational students from your local school districts hauled in to teach students with a focus on individual learning needs.


Yes it can help if your mind is open to changing and improving any lack of study habits, or mild anxiety for test taking.


No it will not help if you have clinical anxiety for test taking- ie severe panic attacks, it will not help if you are just not willing to change habits and argue with the instructors..or you don't have an optimistic mind to begin with.


However.. if you feel like your bugging people to begin with.. change that attitude.. All teachers were taught to accept questions...they are suppose to be all taught that there is no such things as a stupid question, people are just stupid if they don't ask.
Reply:slvan wroks a little but not much


No comments:

Post a Comment