Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dyscalculia?

In math, I've never gotten an average of over a C doing all of my own work - even when the material has been explained to me 10,000 different ways.





I was in the Intro level of math last year, but that just felt WAY too easy. But the next "level" up seems much to hard. It feels like, when solving a math problem, my brain doesn't work, it just goes limp.





I've had 4 tutors and I go to extra help sessions all the time. But nothing seems to be in the "right" area of learning for me.





So, my question is, what are the symptoms of Discalculia and from the short of what I've said below (there's more to it, it's just hard to word) does it sound like I have it?

Dyscalculia?
Ahh, welcome to the world of the Mathematically Challenged!!





My, arent we a blessed and lucky group....we can spell almost anything (including "uvulopalatopharyngoplasty" ---


AND we know what it means!! lol) but when it comes to numbers we just dont Get It.





Funny you said your mind goes limp....it just fails to perform on demand. ha ha The brain is not the only organ that frustrates our intentions and best efforts...





Read up on "Left Brain - Right Brain" thinking. You happen to be extremely loaded on one side, not so heavy on the other...it is not a sign of lack of intelligence, it's a difference in REASONING CAPABILITIES.





I notice you write well (correct punctuation!! how rare!!)





Math makes no sense if you want it to make sense.....


I finally learned (in my 40's) how to get thru basic algebra but have no desire to go any further.


Just make C's and steer your career towards what you are suited for.


If it's any consolation, math geeks are socially more weird than linguists. (HAhahahahahaha!!)

floral centerpieces

No comments:

Post a Comment