Monday, May 24, 2010

Do I have any chance of getting into stanford?

I think I ruined my high school career. A 3.17 on the first semester of freshmen year. Usually, i'm a straight a student, but I started slipping alot this year. My first C ever on a report card. In order to get a good enough gpa would i have to take 4+ AP classes if i'm aiming for stanford?





(Future Years)


Freshmen


-not allowed to take APs


my final GPA for both semesters would be a 3.58





Sophomore


-AP Biology


-AP Computer Science





Junior


-AP U.S. History


-AP Literature


-AP Physics


-AP Calculus





Senior


-i've heard they don't even look at senior year


-AP Statistics


-AP Government/Economics


-AP Chemistry


-AP Literature


-AP Spanish





I'm in Track and Cross Country. My clubs are FBLA, leo, and key club.





I also volunteer at the library, hospital, %26amp; community center. I'm planning on getting a tutoring job too.

Do I have any chance of getting into stanford?
Talk to any stanford rep and they will tell you that the number one thing they look for on an application is passion. You don't need to join 4 million clubs, do what you love and do it well.





Also your going to need a solid schedule (which you plan on taking)...a higher GPA (3.8 at the minimum), a high SAT/ACT score.


Keep up whatever your doing. I would suggest starting a tutoring club that tutors in subjects that you enjoy.





Best of luck!
Reply:Thirty years ago a few of my high school friends went to Stanford. Others went to other private schools, most went to state universities and colleges. I can't see any evidence that going to Stanford was in any way better for those who did that. Instead, I think the people who had the best college experience were those who went to smaller colleges. They learned more, had a more personal relationship with their professors, and had more close friends. So think about finding a small college, public or private, that seems the closest fit with your personality type. You have a zero percent chance of getting into Stanford and it is just not worth spending even one second worrying about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment