Sunday, August 2, 2009

Parent Teacher Conference..?

Ok.. I'm so scared.. I'm failing One class and have a D in another.How do I pull my phyiscal science grade up to a F to a c or d because it's really hard.


How do I pull my Math grade up to an C or B. It's like every since the new student teacher I been failing, and my phyiscal science i get cnfused but then my friend help me with it..


It's like I get frustrated and pissed on my phyiscal science and I feel really stupid and i think since i'm stupid what's the point of doing my math homework..





I know i'm smart i have a 98 in chorus,A in spanish,of course a A in gym.. lol


but i only have A'a in three classes and then they are like a F and a D.. a low D :( how can i pull it up..?


I go to tutoring and everything, it's just my grade isn't going up fast enough..


I know i can make me have a C by report cards.And a D by report cards in Phyiscal Science

Parent Teacher Conference..?
Part of your solution is to find someone else that can help you. Not everyone can learn effectively from their teacher. Studying with your friend seems to help - you could try to do that on a regular basis (say, every Monday and Wednesday, for example).





Take a look at your time in tutoring too. If that seems to help you understand the material better, then that's a good thing - stick to it. But if those sessions are just getting your homework done and you're not really learning anything, then I'd try another route.





The real key behind all of this is that you have to really learn something. There's a difference between knowing what a rhombus looks like and knowing the different properties of a rhombus.





Don't focus too much on your grades (as weird as that may sound), but focus on getting something out of the lessons of the day. The grades will come, but don't worry about that so much - if you do, that's just another stress in your life that you'll have to do with. I teach at the college level, and some of my students are only worried about their grades - it's as if they don't care what they learn (or don't learn), as long as they get a C or better. Believe me, that's not the right approach to school. If you focus on the process (learning), then the end result (grades) will take care of itself.





Finally, believe in yourself. You said it yourself - you're smart! Just because you don't quite get your physical science or math doesn't make you any less smart - it just means you have to commit to those areas a bit more. But definitely don't get down on yourself because of it. Keep in mind that not everyone understands math easily (believe me, I know - I teach math!), so just because you're not in the top of your math class doesn't make you any less smart by any means.





Keep your head up! Good luck to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment