Sunday, August 2, 2009

Help me!!! what are my chances of getting into a UC?

Hi there. I am currently a high school senior and applying to college this fall. Can you guys help me out and give me some feedback and comments on how my chances look? I want to get into UCLA, UCSD, or USC!





Unweighted GPA= ~3.7


Weighted GPA= ~4.0


AP courses taken= 6 (passed with 3's or 4's on all butt 1)


Honor courses taken= 1 (English)


SAT1 attempts: 1690, 1900, (waiting for 3rd score)


SAT2 attempts: still need to take!





Took around 4 college math courses in 8th grade


Took Calc AB and BC in Freshman/Sophomore year


Eagle Scout


7 years of Taekwondo (2nd degree blackbelt)


2 years of after school tutoring (still current)


No clubs, no community service





What do you guys think? How can I improve my chances? I am most worried about my GPA, I received a C+ once in junior year, (got really lazy).





I appreciate it!

Help me!!! what are my chances of getting into a UC?
Hi





Well I see that you are very stressed out! That is how I was last year when I applied to all of the UC schools. In the end, I got into all of them including UCLA and Berkeley. Now I am a freshman at UC Berkeley, which is a fantastic school by the way. Especially since it's on the semester system! Well, I cant guarantee anything, but from the sound of it you will definitely get into UCSD. I am not sure about UCLA because I had a a 4.6 when I got in and tons of community service (leadership roles). Basically, if you work on making your personal statements AMAZING, then you will increase your chances. Also, it's not to late to join the community service clubs in your school like Key Club and Interact Club and put them into your application as community service. This is very important. However, you have a GREAT chance at getting into all of them, so don't worry. Just do what I said and you should be fine. Oh, you can also mention why you got a C your junior year in your personal statement. Was it because you were sooooo busy with all of the other activities you were doing? And great job with the Calculus classes!
Reply:It's too late to do anything about grades at this point. The only thing you can improve on is your test scores and maybe adding some extracurriculars to your schedule.





Your profile looks fine. Work on your personal statement and you should be ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment